Pick up lines get a bad rep for being corny, but as book lovers, we can't resist a good pun. Whether you need a new opening line on an online dating app or bump into someone attractive at a book store, you can't go wrong with one of these literary references. So keep reading and learn how to talk wordy with these romantic pick up lines!
1. Are you a library book? Because I am checking you out.
Library lovers will be flattered to be compared to one of their favorite things.
2. You are like a romantic suspense novel—I just can't get you out of my head.
This line works whether your crush loves the show You or is a fan of romantic thriller novels.
3. Call me Ishmael. Call me anything. Just call me.
Fans of the classics with appreciate a classy Moby Dick reference.
4. I just want to say, To All the Boys I've Loved Before — never mind, I found someone better.
Make 'em swoon with a reference to this hit Netflix show and YA romance series.
5. Every great love starts with a great story—and I want to know yours.
Hardcore fans of Nicholas Sparks books will melt when they hear this reference to The Notebook.
6. If I had to make a Patronus, I'd just think of you.
There are endless Harry Potter pick up lines, but we think this one is especially romantic—and a lot more original than "Accio your phone number."
7. Shall I compare thee to a summer's day? Because you are super hot.
We think Shakespeare would have approved of this.
8. Excuse me, are you the Arkenstone? Because you look like something I could treasure.
Lord of the Rings readers are sure to fall for this one—and appreciate that you didn't call them "my precious."
9. Is your name Annie? Because you have been On My Mind.
Nothing starts a conversation quite like a classic lesbian novel reference.
10. Are you a romance novel? Because you look like my happily ever after.
If you're not sure what their favorite romance novel is, you can't fail with this romantic pick up line.
Featured photo via Hello Revival / Unsplash